- 5000-5121; THE LANTERMAN-PETRIS-SHORT ACT: General Provisions
- 5150–5155; DETENTION of Mentally Disordered Persons for Evaluation & Treatment
- 5585 –5585.25; CHILDREN’S CIVIL COMMITMENT AND MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT ACT OF 1988: General Provisions
- 5585.50-5585.59; CIVIL COMMITMENT OF MINORS
- 625(c); MINORS & Law Enforcement
- 8100-8108; FIREARMS & 5150’S
- 15700-15705; PROTECTIVE PLACEMENTS & Custody of Endangered Adults
- 5170-5176; DETENTION as a result of Inebriation
Currently, there are no designated hospitals in Del Norte, Lake or Humboldt County for inebriation. Therefore, you cannot detain a person involuntarily in Del Norte, Lake or Humboldt County for intoxication or chronic drug use only.
- Example of an inebriate program in San Diego =Serial inebriate program (SIP) San Diego https://www.mhsinc.org/listing/serial-inebriate-program-sip-2/
- WIC 5008 (m):
“Emergency” means a situation in which action to impose treatment over the person’s objection is immediately necessary for the preservation of life or the prevention of serious bodily harm to the patient or others, and it is impracticable to first gain consent. It is not necessary for harm to take place, or for it to become unavoidable prior to treatment.
EFFECTIVE Jan 01, 2023: Judicial Review is triggered when someone is held longer than 72 hours from the time the 5150 Hold was written! **72 HOUR clock starts at the TIME the HOLD is written**
WIC 5256.1-7: DAY 7 on a 5150 Hold in the non-designated hospital Emergency Dept. NOW requires a Certification hearing for probable cause.
- WIC 5150 (k): A facility to which a person who is involuntarily detained pursuant to this section is transported shall notify the county patients’ rights advocate, as defined in Section 5500, if a person has not been released within 72 hours of the involuntary detention.
- WIC 5256 (b): When a person is certified for intensive treatment pursuant to Sections 5250 and 5270.15, a certification review hearing shall be held unless judicial review has been requested as provided in Sections 5275 and 5276. The certification review hearing shall be within four days of the date on which the person is certified, which is also DAY 7 from the time the person was first placed on a 5150 Hold.